Elveland Light Resource Pack – review
Elveland is a creative resource pack, with a fantasy twist, that is available for the latest version of Minecraft. It brings on the table the perfect visuals to create a fantasy cartoony world, without taking it into the medieval zone, as it happens with most fantasy packs. This resource pack textures are rather fairytale style and you are sure to have a good time while playing Minecraft using it. Although most of the textures are altered in order to look different than the original, the pack still manages to keep some textures true to vanilla, making the game entertaining, but easy to follow in the same time. It is great to use it for both creative mode and survival mode, since the mobs and items are changed, as well as the blocks.
Some of this packs features are truly impressive. The mobs especially are reskinned and you will find the appearance of the horses and llamas, quite special and eye appealing. The block and other elements like the grass have a realistic touch that improves radically the game experience. Also this pack has a rich color palette and the lighting is brighter that the default version, emphasising the quality of the artwork. Along with these great features, take note that the graphic user interface is also modified in order to match the textures better, now having a light brown shade.
The Elveland Light resource pack is a much accessible version of the original Elveland resource pack. We say this because the lighter version has a resolution of just 32x, allowing you to use this pack without any problems even if you have a regular computer. This pack is 100% completed, yet some textures still had not been changed as much. Also it is very important to note the fact that you must install MCPatcher to really enjoy its features. Many custom elements, like the better glass, the random mobs and the night and day skyes, are available only with the use of MCPatcher, so make sure you have this mod installed.
Pros and Cons of Elveland Light Resource Pack
- It manages to include the fantasy theme in Minecraft, without making it medieval
- The low resolution is just right allowing you to enjoy its features without any lags
- The textures look really realistic and the light is very good
- You totally need to install MCPatcher in order for this pack to look its best.
- The night sky using MCPatcher is very full and it may be disturbing if you have sensitive eyes.
How to install Elveland Light Resource Pack?
- Download the Resource Pack
- After you press start, type in %appdata%
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate your resourcepacks folder
- Place the downloaded .zip file into this folder
Download Elveland Light Resource Pack
- for Minecraft 1.11.2 and below – elveland.pack.zip
Video Review of Elveland Light Pack