Opprimere Redux Texture Pack – REVIEW
Opprimere Redux is a texture pack that brings in an interesting concept to say at least. It aims to create a world where realistic features can combine harmoniously with cartoony style visuals, in order to deliver the unique resource pack you’ve been waiting for. Opprimere Redux is compatible with Minecraft 1.11 and it’s artwork is sure to get you out of your game routine. Although the combination between realistic and cartoonish visuals might seem odd, the result is quite eye appealing, and it is definitely an improvement to the classic game style. However, this is not a resource pack that will totally change the default appearance, actually it stays pretty much true to vanilla.
One of the greatest things about this pack is the colors. The rich color palette brings the gave to life, making any minecraft adventure more engaging. The light plays a great role into the game textures as well. Everything appears to look brighter in both daytime and nighttime. Along with the much vivid colors, comes a new graphic user interface that has a modern style and fits the pack’s concept. You will notice that most of the terrain textures are altered to look realistic, while most of the items look rather cartoony. Of course, every texture is sharper and smoother than vanilla, and that is always a good thing. Yet, some textures are not done yet, like the mobs, so you might enjoy this pack better in the creative mode.
The resolution of the Opprimere Redux texture pack is 64×64, higher than the 16x default one, so you might need an above average PC in order to enjoy its HD visuals, without encountering any lags. Also take note of the fact that this resource pack is still under development. It is 75% complete so many textures might not be changed, but updates are sure to come in the time coming. This pack has just a few days since it has been released, but has already gained popularity due to its very well executed artwork, so be sure to give it a try.
Pros and Cons of Opprimere Redux texture Pack
- The concept is interesting and brave, managing to refresh the game atmosphere
- It alters the textures, but still keeps them true to vanilla, so the game will flow nicely
- The HD elements along with the bright and vibrant colors make the game much more entertaining.
- This resource pack is not all done yet, that’s why many textures are not modified
- The 64x resolution might not be well supported by an low-end computer
How to install Opprimere Redux texturePack?
- Download the Texture Pack
- After you press start, type in %appdata%
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate your resourcepacks folder
- Place the downloaded .zip file into this folder
Download Opprimere Redux texture Pack
- for Minecraft 1.11.2 – redux.pack.zip
Video Review of Opprimere Redux Pack