Dark Souls Legacy Texture Pack – REVIEW
Dark Souls Legacy is a themed pack, compatible with Minecraft 1.7 and 1.8. This texture pack is aiming to bring in the Dark Souls video game vibe, into the same old minecraft atmosphere, and it manages to do so quite radically. The textures have an HD photorealistic appearance, and we sure can add that your minecraft game using this pack will not keep much from the vanilla textures. Actually, you won’t even feel like you are playing minecraft anymore. This can be a great thing if you can enjoy changes as radical as this one, and even if you are not a fan of Dark Souls video game, you can still use this pack gladly, since its features are truly impressive.
It is important to note the fact that at the base of this texture pack stands the popular John Smith Legacy pack, so if you are familiar with this one, you will find it easy to get used to the Dark Souls Legacy pack as well. Although it uses textures similar to the John Smith’s ones, there are some notable differences. The visuals are darker and the colors are chosen in order to reflect the Dark Souls game style. By far it can be said that the blocks are the main feature of this texture pack, allowing you to build iconic structures like Undead Burg, Undead Parish, Demon Ruins, or Anor Londo. The photorealistic visuals will catch the eye in a very entertaining manner, living the game easy to play in both creative and survival mode.
The resolution of the Dark Souls Legacy texture pack is quite high, 256×256, and it definitely demands a performant computer, since the resolution is 16 times higher than the default version. Also this pack is still under development, although most of the textures are altered. The pack is completed in proportion of 90%, and this will not prevent you from enjoying it to the fully. Being a complex pack of its own, this pack it does not require to install an extra enhancement mod like OptiFine or MCPatcher, but it does have support for connected textures.
Pros and Cons of Dark Souls Legacy Texture Pack
- The textures are photorealistic and HD, refreshing the game experience.
- Altered blocks allow the user to build iconic Dark Souls game structures
- It changes the game appearance in a radical manner, which is great if you are looking for a texture pack that is not at all like vanilla.
- It lacks a sound support and that’s always a disadvantage
- It’s not available for the latest Minecraft version, and the resolution is very high, details that might prevent you from using this texture pack
How to install Dark Souls Legacy Texture Pack?
- Download the Texture Pack
- After you press start, type in %appdata%
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate your resourcepacks folder
- Place the downloaded .zip file into this folder
Download Dark Souls Legacy Texture Pack
- for Minecraft 1.9 – dark.souls.zip
Video Review of Dark Souls Legacy Texture Pack