Velvet Dreams Texture Pack – review
Velvet Dreams is a simplistic texture pack compatible with Minecraft 1.10 and 1.9. There are many texture packs aiming to alter the game textures in order for theme to seem more realistic, this one however is trying to do exactly the opposite, aiming to recreate an unrealistic, easy on the eyes game environment. The simple and neat visuals manage to offer an entertaining game experience in both survival and creative mode, and you are sure to enjoy the nature structures and the aspect of biomes using this pack.
The features of this pack impress through simplicity. Basically, every textures is smoothen out and all unnecessary details and animations are erased, so the final result is a clean and eye catching appearance. Although it might seem unlikely for strong bright colors to be part of a clean calm look, this texture pack uses a bright color palette while still giving that eye calming effect. Also, it manages to remain pretty true to vanilla, yet the textures are obviously improved, making the game enjoyable in both daytime and nighttime mode. Another great feature is the GUI, that now is more organised, which is every time a good thing. You will also be able to use revamped items and blocks, as well a wearing retextured armours.
The traditional Velvet Dreams texture pack comes in a 64×64 resolution, and you are sure to use this free of lags if you use an average and above personal computer. It is still under development. You can now enjoy most of the textures, but some mobs still need to be reskinned. Even though this texture pack does not feature any custom made elements, the slight modifications to the default appearance are definitely a strong enhancement to the game.
Pros and Cons of Velvet Dreams Texture Pack
- Clean and simple textures manage to offer an easy to the eyes game appearance
- The resolution is the perfect compromise between HD visuals and average computer capacities.
- The textures do not climb to far from vanilla, so the game experience won’t be disturbed by confusing visuals.
- The author still needs to work on most of the animatronic elements
- Due to the lack of custom elements, you might find this texture pack boring at one point
How to install Velvet Dreams Texture Pack?
- Download the Texture Pack
- After you press start, type in %appdata%
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate your resourcepacks folder
- Place the downloaded .zip file into this folder
Download Velvet Dreams Texture Pack
- for Minecraft 1.10 – velvet.dreams.zip