SugarCube Texture Pack – review
SugarCube is a texture pack that works with Minecraft 1.11. It is a great simplistic, HD and professional looking texture pack that totally deserves more attention than it’s getting now. This pack will please the eye of every simple and clean design lover, and it is by far one of the greatest packs that manage to soften the texture of minecraft in a great way, while keeping them pretty true to vanilla. If you don’t mind using a pack that is still under development, than you should go and download this right now, and make sure you don’t get discouraged by the low number of downloads. This pack is one of the most underrated packs out there, so be sure to give it a try.
Moving on to its features, it is easy to acknowledge the fact that the textures are very carefully revamped in order to make the game be more eye candy. It is not aiming to be realistic, but rather cartoony looking. You can tell that by the skins of the mobs and other animated elements. At this point, blocks had been reskinned and the nature structures as well as the buildings look neat and very appealing. You will also enjoy the new graphic user interface and the new custom blocks, that you won’t find in any other texture pack. Also, note the fact that the colors look more vivid and the light is brighter making the game more enjoyable in bothe day and night mode.
SugarCube texture pack comes in a resolution of 64×64, allowing the user to enjoy this pack free of lags if they use an average performance computer at least. At this moment, the SugarCube texture pack is complete in proportion of 45%, but still is able to offer a complete game experience. Of course, updates are still added regularly. Another aspect we need to point out is the fact that you must run OptiFine in order to be able to see all the features of this texture pack.
Pros and Cons of SugarCube Texture Pack
- Professional executed textures make the game visuals to look better than ever before
- Custom made blocks and animated elements make the game more fun and lifelike
- The new GUI is easy to use and matches with the rest of the pack
- The resolution might be too high if you use a low-end computer
- The pack is still under development and many textures are not changed at all
How to install SugarCube Texture Pack?
- Download the Resource Pack
- After you press start, type in %appdata%
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate your resourcepacks folder
- Place the downloaded .zip file into this folder
Download SugarCube Texture Pack
- for Minecraft 1.11.2 – sugarcube.pack.zip