Horror Isolation is a texture pack that has been around for quite some years, yet only now it has been updated in order to work with the latest version of Minecraft. If you ever wanted to make Minecraft the scariest place on earth, well this is just the pack for you. It brings in a spooky and dark approach to the game in order to implement a different game atmosphere than what you are already used with. No bright and vibrant colors will show their face in this pack. By contrary, the pack has developed a dark and rather pixelated visuals, and the only thing vivid about it is your heart beating out of fear while playing it. It has a simple purpose to bring the horror feel in the game, so many textures part themselfs quite a lot from vanilla.
Onto its specifics, as mentioned above, the colors are toned down a lot, there is no bright thing going one, everything is dark and you will feel like is night pretty much all the time. This is only normal since this is a horror themed texture pack. A great role in the spookiness of it plays the paintings. All the paintings have really scary HD images, that are sure to bring in a grim feel to any room. All the mobs are designed to look scarier than ever before, and the only friendly faces you might step into are the villagers. Overall this is a very well executed texture pack, maybe one of the best horror themed pack, that is sure to give you the ultimate horror adventure in the game.
The Horror Isolation Texture Pack has a resolution of 64x, great for enabling details to look their best, not so great if you have a low-end computer, as problems with frame rate are sure to appear. This pack is not completed yet. At the moment 75% of the pack is completed, but the rest of the work is unlikely to be added since the pack is quite old and forgotten. Even so, the pack is very enjoyable and you should definitely give it a go, if you are looking for a spooky experience in Minecraft.
Pros and Cons of Horror Isolation Texture Pack
- Great and original visuals will bring a fresh grim feel to the game
- All the element are very well designed in order to give you the ultimate Minecraft horror game experience
- It has a medium resolution that allows the details to show up beautifully
- The pack is quite old so the textures might have a lot of noise in them
- It is not 100% completed and we don’t believe it will ever get to this point
- The dark approach might be difficult on the eyes, especially on darker monitors
How to install Horror Isolation Texture Pack?
- Download the Texture Pack
- After you press start, type in %appdata%
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate your resourcepacks folder
- Place the downloaded .zip file into this folder
Download Horror Isolation Texture Pack
- for Minecraft 1.11.2 and 1.10.2 – isolation.map.zip